Monday, February 13, 2012

Hi friend

I realize I've been silent lately. Its been a long time since you've heard from me. The truth is that I was over whelmed during the interview season, and then after that I didn't feel like I had anything worth saying, but now I have found something. Throughout this season of interviewing I have known that God was leading Travis and I toward His will, but even so it is easy to become caught up with distractions and worries. So, here is what I have to say about that:

Sometimes the only thing that will shut up my mind is filling it with the bible. Making no room for myself in my thoughts is something that I seek after. To stop the hurrying of my brain, to make still the torrents of thought and emotion. What a gift that the Lord gives us in His word. That is what I will do now, I will be silent, and HE will be heard.

Why I will not over analyze and why I will just shut up:

Reason number one: he doesn't need my advice.

Isaiah 40:12-15 :: There is no equal to the Lord

Who else has held the oceans in his hand?
Who has measured off the heavens with his fingers?
Who else knows the weight of the earth
or has weighed the mountains and hills on a scale?
Who is able to advise the Spirit of the LORD?
Who knows enough to give him advice or teach him?
 Has the LORD ever needed anyone’s advice?
Does he need instruction about what is good?
Did someone teach him what is right
or show him the path of justice?
No, for all the nations of the world
are but a drop in the bucket.
They are nothing more
than dust on the scales.
He picks up the whole earth
as though it were a grain of sand.

I am nothing but dust on a scale, and yet HE cares enough for me to be intimately involved with the details of my life. Perhaps I should just shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment