Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What I really think

You know when you are facing a really big decision its instinct to think, alot. How do you do it? Do you make a pros and cons sheet? Do you have an excel spreadsheet where you weigh different aspects of each option and assign points? Do you drive around for hours and talk to someone, anyone, who will listen to you?

At some point or other in my life I had done all of these things, this time around I am determined to be different. Because the truth of the matter is...I'm not really gaining anything from these sessions. I already know all of the information. I'm not bringing anything new to the table, I'm not gaining perspective or deeper understanding. I'm spinning my wheels. And in some way, I believe that when we over analyze things we are telling God we aren't sure He really knows whats best.

Reason Number Two why I will not over analyze: It's not my job to think, It's my job to listen.

But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.
John 10:2-5




No comments:

Post a Comment