Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hello, Mr. Eames

As Travis prepares to make me the ultimpate DIY 2 person parsons desk, my attention has turned to seating. I am sweating some pretty Eames chairs. Just imagine a long sleek laquered white desk with a lovely Eames chair pulled up to it. Oh, as a matter of fact, you won't need to imagine it. Here is a picture of the real thing from Houzz: Gallery Loft modern home office

Lovely, right? In my search to find the right Eames chair I thought I would share what I have come across:

First up, a post I found on Craigslist in Houston: http://houston.craigslist.org/fud/2418770304.html. Which has this Robin's Egg Blue Eames rocker for sale at a bargain price of $178. Unfortunately, its not really the color I had in mind. However; the ad directed me to another website, http://www.modiish.com/. Have y'all ever heard of it? I hadn't. But I'm starting to appreciate it quickly. Look what else I found!


These are so lovely, and affordable!. Or more affordable at $158 a chair. I like the molded chair because I feel like it could be multi purpose, and I think it has more pizzazz! Also on my list of things I love are lucite or ghost chairs. Here is one they offer for $178, again reasonably priced, relatively speaking. Yes. Please.


As you may have guessed, the reason these are so reasonably priced is because they are "high quality reporductions of the original." I did manage to find some used originals on ebay.


Here is a shell rocker in what the seller describes as golden wheat in color. Currently the bid is at $99, I believe. Its the shell rocker and not the molded form I prefer. But it is still quite lovely. And I secretly dig the grellow color.http://cgi.ebay.com/Herman-Miller-Eames-side-shell-rocker-/180692190134?pt=Antiques_Furniture&hash=item2a121803b6
Next, these chairs are a steal for someone with the knowledge to fix-er-up! Four of these chairs for $300. The seller admits they need refurbishing. I think if you knew how these could be so perfect!http://cgi.ebay.com/Herman-Miller-Eames-vinyl-shell-chairs-qty-4-/170665099413?pt=Antiques_Furniture&hash=item27bc6ec095
And, I have to admit I have a particular fondess for this one. She is not the color that I had in mind. Seeing how my entire house is a retro green I assumed that I would do green. But her punchy pink/red is kinda cute! And $250 buy-it-now price is not so bad either! http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-EAMES-HERMAN-MILLER-RED-ROCKER-ROCKING-SHELL-CHAIR-/180692889373?pt=Antiques_Furniture&hash=item2a1222af1d Well, I don't imagine I will be doing anything, anytime soon with any of these chairs. But oh how I love to dream. One of these days I will find the perfect Eames chairs for us! Until then I suppose I will just keep looking at pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment